If you or someone you love was prescribed Zofran and her newborn was diagnosed with kidney abnormalities, compensation may be available through a Zofran birth defects lawsuit. These cases are taken on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that there are no upfront expenses and no costs unless compensation is awarded.
What are Common Kidney Abnormalities?
Our kidneys play an important role in keeping us healthy. When a newborn infant’s kidneys do not develop properly or do not function as they should, serious health complications can arise. Some of these conditions can be life-threatening and require expensive surgeries to correct; others may be lifelong conditions that affect the child’s long-term quality of life. Some kidney abnormalities include:
- Malrotation and ectopia, in which the kidneys are not located in the normal location or position;
- Horseshoe kidney, where the kidneys are joined together;
- Kidney agenesis, or a missing kidney;
- Cystinosis, a metabolic disorder; and
- Hydronephrosis, a condition where there is an obstruction in the ureter or urethra that causes urine to back up into the kidneys. This condition can cause the kidneys to swell, tissue damage and, if not properly treated, kidney failure, kidney stones, and infections.
Do I Need a Zofran Birth Defects Lawyer?
If you or someone you know delivered a newborn with kidney abnormalities or other birth defects after having taken Zofran, you may wonder whether an attorney’s help is necessary in recovering compensation. Even in “clear cut” cases, where there appears to be ample evidence of a birth defect, proving a causal connection between Zofran and the birth defect – that is, showing with some degree of certainty that the use of Zofran is what caused the birth defect – can be challenging. Since all the Zofran birth defects cases we take are handled on a contingency-fee basis, there is little reason why you should not use the services of an experienced Zofran birth defects lawyer.
Contact Us for Help with Your Zofran Birth Defects Case
For decades we have helped individuals recover compensation for their injuries. We will thoroughly investigate your case and aggressively pursue the monetary damages you deserve, not only for your own losses but for the pain and suffering caused to your child as well. If you took Zofran off-label and your newborn child suffered injuries, contact us at 1-800-883-9858.